I have a line from the movie "Holiday Inn" (or maybe "White Christmas") running through my head -- "Let's start the New Year right!" What could be a better way to start the New Year than by checking out lovely cards, scrapbook pages, and altered items?! Over 60 CTMH consultants are participating this month. If you have come from Carla Ironside's blog, you're on the right path! From my blog, click the link toward the bottom of the post to go to the next blog. It's a circular hop, so you can start anywhere! Click here for the complete list if you get lost on the way.
The January Stamp of the Month blog hop features "True Friends," a set of 11 stamps available only January 1 - 31, 2010. The set has four lovely bracketed frames, three brackets, and four sentiments. I know I'll use this set for many years to come! You can purchase the set at full price, or you can get it at a discount or FREE based on a qualifying purchase. See my website for more details.
I used the card layout "Cubes & Colors" from the Originals Card Confidence Program. The book gives you just that -- the confidence to make a fabulous card every time! The paper is the Veranda Creative Basics collection from the new Spring Idea Book (available now). This is quickly becoming my favorite paper from the new Idea Book. I love the colors: Juniper, Creme Brulee, Garden Green, and Cocoa. The Creative Basics packet comes with 12 sheets of B&T Duos (6 of each of the 2 patterns pictured in the card) plus 4 yards of the Creme Brulee ribbon used on the card. The great thing about the Duos is that the back of each patterned piece has a solid color of the same pattern! Twice the options! I used the reverse side of the damask pattern for the base of my card front. Love it! You can see another card using this paper set here.
The embellishments used on this card are the Pewter Mini-Medley Accents Collection and the Just Blooms Big Pinks paper flowers. The ribbon was easy to do -- I fastened the left side down using glue dots, then used a glue dot every little bit to gather the ribbon. The right side was adhered with a glue dot, too, before attaching the hinge. I didn't trust my coordination to keep the ribbon straight otherwise.