This is another layout that I was able to make using the free 5-pack I received as part of my Convention registration. I was so happy to document shopping for my daughter's wedding dress! You can make the same layout by following the directions listed below. Studio J layouts no longer require a membership to get the great pricing ($6.95 per layout) and free JPGs! There is a minimum of 4 layouts per each order, so create away! You can access Studio J here.
Pattern: Stars Above
Photos: 1 vertical, 1 horizontal, 4 square
Colors: Sweet Leaf, Blush, Grey Wool, Creme Brulee, Colonial White
- Deleting unneeded photo wells
- Using text boxes to cover up portions of the pattern
- Cropping My Stickease borders to make ribbon streamers
- Select Lucy kit.
- Select Stars Above pattern.
- Select kit mix 4.
PUTTING THE LAYOUT TOGETHER
- Turn off toggle accents. (Located under embellishments tab.)
- Change Colonial White cardstock to Grey Flannel.
- Change Blush cardstock to words B&T paper.
- On right page, delete bottom-left photo well.
- On left page, delete two photo wells, second and third from left at top. Delete title box. Delete journaling box.
- Add journaling box by dragging the box from the menu to the desired spot on the left page to cover Sweet Leaf honeycomb B&T and the Grey Flannel that was behind the journaling box (to cover the shadowing). Delete "Add journaling" by highlighting both words and hitting the space bar. Fill with Grey Flannel.
- Add journaling box to left page where two photo wells were; fill the box with Sweet Leaf honeycomb B&T; delete "Add journaling" with a space. Send to back (right-click) so that it stays behind photo wells.
- On right page, add journaling box to cover B&Ts and corresponding area, including photo well for ease of matching pattern. Delete "Add journaling." Fill with Sweet Leaf honeycomb B&T. Send to back so photo well shows.
- Create grey border strip by adding one journaling box to the bottom of the page. Delete "Add journaling," fill with Grey Wool, crop and place at top of words B&T papers. Click on the grey strip, click on copy, then paste to use for the second page.
- Drop in photos into available wells. Zoom in or out as needed.
- Add the following My Stickease images to each page, rotating and resizing as desired. Right-click to bring layers forward or send backward as needed.
- 2 flag pennants (Borders, 88%) for the left page and one for the right
- You Are Darling tag (Quotes, 135% - I used a different tag and covered it with a journaling box, changing the paper to "None" so I could use a different title.)
- 2 pink lace ribbon borders (Borders, 100%) for the left page and one for the right
- Add Colonial White 1/2" buttons (Embellishments>Buttons, 100%) and Grey Wool thread (Embellishments>Buttons)
- Add 2 more pink lace ribbon borders. Crop, rotate, and place below button as streamers. Send to back as needed.