Saturday, January 14, 2017

#52Stories - Week 3

One of the goals I'm actively working toward is to improve my health. At this point, I haven't narrowed it down to become a SMART goal (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound), but I am working on that as well. When I was 16 years old, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), and it has worsened as I've aged. Chronic inflammation is part of the problem, so I'm really focusing on lessening that by eliminating things from my diet that contribute to the inflammation. I'm following a primarily Paelo diet, which was a great excuse to invest in an InstantPot! I'm also working to add more movement - recumbent exercise bike, walking, and stretching. It's definitely a lifestyle change that won't happen overnight, but I continue to work at it to make small improvements that I can sustain. 

How about you? What goals are you actively working toward? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!