Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

I celebrated America's freedom by creating a canvas to display around the patriotic holidays. I used the stamp set Home of the Brave that is offered through July 31. $5 from the sale of every one of this stamp set will be donated to the USO in support of our troops.




I had so much fun making this! I stamped the fireworks directly on the 6x6 canvas and discovered that the stamp scrubber with the lid on fits perfectly into the canvas so I could stamp in the middle with a decent image. I used pigment ink for the most vibrant colors. The flag and the Statue of Liberty were stamped on cardstock then cut out and adhered to the canvas using 3-D foam tape. If you're stamping directly on the canvas, be sure to check where the sawtooth hanger is on the back. Don't make the mistake I did and have it on the side rather than the top. Oops! ~ Oh, well! 

Items used:
Stamp set: Home of the Brave
Inks: Pigment inks - Honey, Ruby, Outdoor Denim, Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!