Monday, September 13, 2010

Cherry On Top Blog Award!

I was very surprised (and delighted!) to check my blog and discover this sweet award from Debbie Carriere.

Here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Thank the person who gave it to you. ~ Thanks, Debbie! That was so sweet of you! Debbie is a fellow CTMH consultant, so be sure to check out her Scrappin' My Heart Out blog for awesome inspiration!

2. Post the award on your blog. ~ Done

3. Tell everyone three things you love.

  • My family

  • Scrapbooking/stamping/papercrafting (I know -- I cheated on this one!)

  • My BFF's - You know who you are.
4. Share a picture you love. ~ I love this picture because of the story behind it. My husband and I were vacationing in Washington, DC this year for the Fourth of July. On our visit to the Smithsonian, we had to see the Julia Child exhibit since I am an avid fan. And I loved the movie. A gentleman was standing next to this exhibit, and his wife was taking his picture. Since we were waiting to take our picture by "Julia," I offered to take a picture of the two of them together. They thanked me profusely, and as I was handing the camera back to them, the man said, "Thanks. That meant a lot to me, because I was in the movie!" Whaaaat??? Sure enough -- he played one of the chefs at Le Cordon Bleu. His wife took our picture, and we enjoyed a nice conversation (I now have the inside scoop on Meryl Streep!). They were in DC because his wife was performing in "Mary Poppins" at the Kennedy Center. Wow! Only afterward did I realize that I should have asked to have my picture taken with him by the Julia Child exhibit. Oh, well! It's still a fun story!


5. Pass the award on to 5 blogs you love. ~ There are many amazing blogs out there, and I'm going to share five of them with you. These five always provide me with inspiration and ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!