Friday, August 5, 2016

Just Breathe

This idea popped into my head earlier this week and wouldn't let me rest until I completed it. It ended up differently than I envisioned, but I love the result! My job can be stressful at times, and the song "Just Breathe" by Anna Nalick often runs through my head on very hectic days. I wanted a little reminder to take a breath and keep myself from getting overwhelmed. It also allowed me to experiment with watercolors!


I originally envisioned a square of watercolor paper attached to a small canvas (6x6) I had.


I drew a circle with a pencil on the watercolor paper because I wanted to do a resist technique by heat embossing the words and making a watercolor circle over it. Don't draw with pencil first - it won't erase after the paint is applied. Lesson learned.


I used White Daisy pigment ink to stamp the words then sprinkled super fine clear embossing powder over the ink. I heated it with my craft heater until the letters were nice and shiny. I really love this fun alphabet, Handwritten Print. It has both uppercase and lowercase letters - very fun!


The next steps was to break out the CTMH watercolors, watercolor paper,  and our fabulous waterbrushes


When I discovered that I couldn't erase the pencil marks, I decided to adjust the plan and cut out the circle. The background needed something a little more exciting, so I broke out the washi tape and made a fun background on cardstock! 


I attached the washi tape background to the 6x6 canvas (retired) and used 3D foam tape to add the saying, plus some bling (of course!). The completed product is now hanging in my office, reminding me to Just Breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!