Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a relaxed, fun day. We talked about going out to eat -- why should my mom and I cook on "our" day? -- but it is so expensive for a family to eat out at a nicer restaurant that we decided to buy bacon-wrapped fillets and have the guys do the grilling. It was a perfect day for it -- a little on the cool side but really pleasant.


This is my mama and me. I gave her the Display Album pictured in a previous post featuring pictures of her six grandchildren. My three are the oldest, then my brother has three precious boys ages 12, 7, and 4.


A three-generation picture: my mom, my beautiful daughter Kristin, and me. My son Michael took this picture of us on my front porch.



Aren't these guys handsome? I can hardly believe that Mark and I are the parents of such grown-up children! These are the men in my life: my son Jared (age 15), my sweet husband Mark (married 24 years in September), and my oldest son Michael (age 18).



Jared is my chef-to-be. He cooks a lot and very well!








One of my favorite pictures of two of my favorite people! Kristin adores her grandpa Earl, my stepdad. He is a character and loves to give everyone a hard time. Kristin gives it right back! They went on a missions trip to NYC together several years ago and have had a really close bond ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!