Thursday, July 9, 2009

HeartFelt Whimsy



Sometimes I have such a great new scrapbooking product that I can't bring myself to use it until I find just the "right" pictures! I have been hanging on to CTMH's new HeartFelt Whimsy die-cuts, thinking from time to time, "I really should use those on something!"

My daughter and I were scrapping together last weekend, and she was working on some of her pictures from a trip to France 4 or 5 years ago. She went with her French class from the local Christian school. On the trip, she was a member of a drama team that performed a gospel presentation -- in mime! She was fiddling with these pictures and couldn't quite figure out what she wanted to do with them. The light bulb went on -- a-ha! -- and I realized I had JUST the thing! HeartFelt Whimsy! I knew the Tulip die-cuts would be perfect with the Silhouette Creative Basics papers.

The pages came together pretty easily. The title of the drama presentation was "King of Hearts," and what better to highlight that than beautiful felt hearts!

I used my Cricut to cut the title letters, using the Jasmine font (shadow). For the journaling, I used the stamp set "Comments." I used the back of a scrap piece of the printed paper from Silhouette and tore the bottom to make it look like note paper torn off. The paper clip is a stamp from the same set -- isn't it cute?



The challenge was how to attach the felt. After some trial and error, I ended up having the best success using Liquid Glass.


I'm happy with the way the pages turned out, and best of all, my daughter loves them! Now, off to find a way to use the other colors of the felt die cuts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!