Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taco Soup Recipe

I enjoyed a great day of shopping and scrapping with some friends on Saturday! We had such a good time together, ending the day with a supper of taco soup. It's quick and easy to make -- perfect to share with good friends. I promised the girls I'd put the recipe on here:

Taco Soup (from the East White Oak Bible Church cookbook)
1 lb. hamburger
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can undrained kidney beans
1 can refried beans
1 can undrained Mexican chili beans
1 can undrained corn
1 can undrained diced tomatoes
1 1/2 c. water
1 packet ranch dressing (dry)
1 packet taco seasoning

Brown hamburger with chopped onion. Drain. Combine all ingredients in a crock-pot and simmer on low for at least 3 hours. If desired, garnish each bowl of soup with a spoonful of sour cream, cheddar cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.

My notes: The regular batch will serve 6 - 10 people, depending on how hungry they are! :) I usually double the recipe (make sure you are using a large pot) and freeze some of it for another meal. Sometimes I use Rotel diced tomatoes with peppers instead of regular diced tomoatoes, and I'll often throw in a can of ranch-style beans, too. This is a great, hearty soup and fairly diet-friendly, too -- lots of fiber from all the beans! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. We had some of this at our Christmas Card Extravaganza....was good, but she didn't have the recipe with her. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!