Monday, January 7, 2013

Monogram Note Cards

When I saw the monogram stamp sets in the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book, I thought they were one of the best ideas ever! Each one is only $2.95 - quite a bargain! I have been collecting them slowly and decided that some personalized note cards would make great gifts for co-workers this Christmas.

I dipped into my stash of paper and decided to use some Roxie paper (now retired). I pulled out my Value Pack of Colonial White cards and envelopes (I always keep some of those on hand - they're a great value!) and went to work. 



I kept things pretty simple:

  • Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" mat from B&T paper.
  • Cut a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Colonial White cardstock.
  • Cut a 1 1/4" x 5" piece from coordinating B&T paper.
  • Cut a 1" x 5" piece of Colonial White cardstock.
  • Using the Cricut Artiste cartridge, cut a circle from the Colonial White cardstock to stamp the image and another circle 1/4" inch larger from B&T for a mat.
  • Stamp the monogram image on the Colonial White circle.
  • Layer the pieces.
  • Before adhering the matted circle, cut a 1" piece of Silver Shimmer Trim and notch out the tail. Place it behind the circle before adhering it all to the card. (Remember that the Silver Shimmer Trim is self-adhesive.) 
I made six cards per person and packaged them in a clear envelope along with the coordinating envelopes. Simple, yet personal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!