Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nov. SOTM Blog Hop: Around the Block

Welcome to the November Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! This month's hop features the stamp set "Around the Block," available November 1 - 30, 2009 only. You can take advantage of Stampaganza and qualify for a discount on this set of 26 stamps or even earn it free! If you have come here from Wanda Riley's blog, you're on the right path! At the end of this post, you'll find a link to the next blog on the hop. You can keep going all the way around until you come back to my blog, if this is where you started.


My first item using Around the Block is a card using the Twitterpated Level 2 paper packet. I thought it would be cute to be able to "lift the roof," so I stamped the image on B&T, cut it out, and adhered only the very edges. I cut a slit toward the top so the roof can be lifted to show the message on the attached tab. The windows are paper-pieced, and I stitched the stems of the flowers. I didn't have floss in Sweet Leaf, so I colored white floss by laying it on scrap paper and running the Sweet Leaf ink over it several times. Easy!

Here's a close-up of the flowers and the stitching:

Items used:
I also wanted to use the stamp set to scrapbook the pictures of the very first house my husband and I owned as newlyweds. It is the only brand-new house we have ever owned, and we loved to go every day to check on the progress. I used the house to create a journaling space.



I love the Heartfelt Die-Cuts and used the big circle from "Wonder." I wanted to fill it with photos, so I traced a circle onto plain cardstock using the inside of the circle as a template.


After cutting out the circle, I arranged my photos on the circle and laid the die-cut over it to be sure of my placement.



Once the pictures were where I wanted them, I adhered them one-by-one onto the circle. Then I flipped the circle over and trimmed the photos.


I adhered the felt by using adhesive in a few places, then securing it with brads placed around the scallops.
Items used:




I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! Now hop on over to Carol Taggio's blog to see the beautiful work she has posted! Enjoy the rest of the hop, and I'll see you next month for the December SOTM blog hop.

16 comments:

  1. I love the little flowers by the door. Too cute. And your scrapbook page is just great. Great use of the felt and I love that paper too (so sad we can't get it anymore.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lori! Love the house as a journalling spot! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects. I think it adorable how you journaled in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great details on your card. And really cute idea to use the house as a journaling block on your scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card and layout. Using the house as a journaling box was a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are darling! I love how you journaled in the house outline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! My favorite is that you used the house stamp as a journaling block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUst like everyone else, I am lifting the "house" journaling block idea. Thanks for helping me see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you used the house for your journalling block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lori!! Amazingly beautiful work here! My favorite thing is your flowers and hand-stitching. THANKS so much for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute ideas. I love the pictures in the circle as well as the journaling in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the card...what a cleaver idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great use of the stamp set - love the journaling in the house - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!