Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feb. SOTM Blog Hop - Piece of Cake

Welcome to the February Stamp of the Month blog hop featuring "Piece of Cake," a celebration stamp set of 10 stamps. If you have come here from Haley Dyer's blog, you're on the right path! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for the link to the next blog on the hop, Jill Lucas' blog. With over 70 CTMH consultants participating, you are sure to find plenty of card, scrapbook page, or other papercrafting item ideas.

I saw this darling spinner card on Splitcoast Stampers (click here to view the tutorial) and had to try it. (Whoa -- I almost said, "Had to give it a SPIN!") I'm thrilled with how it turned out! The Caboodle papers are bright and cheery. When you open the card, the piece with the cakes on it spins around. Too cute!


Spinning ...
And spinning ...
And spinning some more!

I got a little print-happy that day on SCS and printed off another tutorial on making faux alligator wallets. I immediately pictured it in hot pink, so out came the Hollyhock cardstock and the chocolate ink pad. I'm still a little Cuttlebug challenged, but I managed to get the embossing done after a few (several) tries. Please don't look too closely at my sewing, especially on the curves. I really do a lot better on fabric! :)


The cupcakes needed to be frosted, so I used Liquid Applique to give it some dimension. The "cherries" are actually Tulip Bitty Brads. The inside is lined with Bella papers and closed with a Velcro closure:



Wouldn't this be a cute place for a gift card? Or some cold, hard cash?



If you'd like to see one more item made using the Piece of Cake stamp set, click here to go to a previous post.
Now hop on over to Jill Lucas' blog to see her amazing creations! Once you circle back to my blog, you'll know you've seen it all. See you next month, if not sooner!

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful and Cleaver work! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...that wallet totally rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spinner card looks so cool! I really, really, really want that wallet though! Shall I send you my address? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - your faux alligator wallet is AWESOME!!!! That's way cool. Hmmmm....now I'm going to have to go make some. These would be perfect for holding a gift card and fabulous for my nieces! I love the Bella paper on the inside - totally looks like a real wallet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the faux alligator! Great work on ALL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink alligator print is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects they are so delish! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That spinner card looks like a lot of fun to make - but it would be even more fun to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! Your work is so fancy!!! LOL Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wallet how cute it looks so real I will have to try it sometime but I too am a little cuttlebug challenged:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! I love your ideas plus the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lori!! What amazing work you do. I LOVE that spinner card and your wallet looks so real I can hardly believe that it is paper!! THANKS for sharing your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful wallet!!!! I just might have to attempt making one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous spinner card! I love the wallet too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute projects! That wallet is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wallet is fabulous! Looked like the real deal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the spinner card! So cute! I also saw the faux alligator thing and can't wait to try it. Your pink wallet is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very clever and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great as always, Lori! Been dying to try that paper wallet myself, just haven't had time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects! I LOVE that wallet - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great work. I love the alligator purse.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the card (printed that tutorial off just haven't tried it yet) and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the faux wallet...can't wait to use your link and try that tutorial out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Your projects are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!