Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Grandma's art

When I read the Heart 2 Heart challenge to incorporate a recipe into a project, I thought of the recipe card I have in my grandma's handwriting. It's not a recipe I make, but I treasure it because she wrote it out for me years ago. A page idea began to develop as I thought about how my humble little grandma showed her creativity in her cooking, sewing, and quilting. She passed away on July 4, 1994, and I miss her so much! This page is a tribute to how much she loved us and how she showed it.



The layout is based on the following Mojo Monday sketch:

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Lori...I have so many of my MeMe's recipe cards hand-written, some with stains/fingeprints of BUTTER...lol. This is an excellent idea and I might just have to use it! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful tribute to your grandmother!
    What a special way to remember the things she did. I love the idea of having the card with her handwriting on it, and the hanky - it gives a real pieces of HER to the layout.
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great idea to combine both challenges. The recipe card is such a neat idea and esp like the journaling in the flip-flaps...this whole page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout & way to combine two challenges! I love the flip flaps & how you incorporated the hankie, what a special layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!