Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Twenty-four years ago, I was celebrating my first Mother's Day. The day was especially sweet because I had wanted to be a mother for several years and had been through some pregnancy losses before I enjoyed the huge blessing of becoming Kristin's momma. 

I love this picture of Kristin with my little grandma on Mother's Day that year (1989). Look at her sweet little feet! I have video of this, too, with my grandma kissing her and saying, "Sweet innocence!" I love those memories - it's why I scrapbook.


The day she was born (Dec. 17, 1988), three weeks late and 7 pounds, 14 ounces --


A little more than two years later, we were blessed to add Michael to our family, 2 weeks early and 8 pounds, 3 ounces --


then a little more than two years after that, we were blessed by our "bonus" baby, Jared, who entered the world 2.5 weeks early at 8 pounds, 6 ounces --


They have brought immeasurable blessings to my life and have made it more interesting, fulfilled, and a little exhausting at times! They're not perfect, but they have grown to be wonderful, interesting adults with distinctive personalities. I wouldn't trade one of 'em! 

I love you, Kristin, Michael, and Jared! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!