Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Timberline Layout


Last October, I turned fifty. Yeah - kind of a big birthday. I wanted to do something special to celebrate, so our family took a day trip to the Grand Canyon. (Have I mentioned how much I love living in Arizona?) It was an amazing day, and I took tons of pictures. It has been a busy year, so I'm just getting around to planning the pages, printing the pictures, and scrapbooking the memories. That's actually kind of fast for me! 

When I have a scrapbooking project that involves a lot of pictures and numerous layouts, I take time to plan. This post from a few years ago tells how I do my page planning. It has worked really well for me and ultimately saves me time when I'm ready to scrap. This time, I printed a contact sheet of my photos which made it much easier to order the photos and sort them. The company where I used to order my photos went out of business, but now I just order my photos through Studio J. It's very easy to do using an Express Collection (Photo Collections or Photo Mixes), which are pages of photo wells in various sizes. If you need a size not included in an Express Collection, you can select the No Limits layout in any of the page collections, which is essentially a blank layout in which you add photo wells or journaling wells of whatever size you want. The quality is great, and the cost per photo is very reasonable.

I had a scrapbooking day with my daughter Saturday, and I started on the Grand Canyon photos. My little notebook has the layouts, photo sizes, and photos listed. The Magic how-to book is on the stand, ready to go!



I've been focused on using up existing paper packets so I can get some of the new papers in good conscience. The paper I selected for this layout is Timberline. I love the way the colors work with the gorgeous colors in the photos!




I like to add some dimension where I can on my pages. The main photo is highlighted by using 3-D Foam Tape, one of my favorite tools. (It also comes in a thin version.) I also found some sweet little wooden embellies in my stash, so I added them to the journaling block. 

I love how these pages turned out, so now I'm eager to continue scrapping this great trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!