Sunday, August 9, 2015

Wanderful WOTG - Part II


As promised, here is the additional layout from the Wanderful Workshop on the Go. I love how easy it is to put these pages together! These pictures are from the super fun girls' weekend in June when my daughter, a friend, and I flew to Maine for a friend's wedding. It's great to capture the details soon after the event before the details are forgotten.



When I make the pages from a Workshop on the Go, I'm always inspired by the creative embellishments. The step-by-step instructions included with the kit make it so easy, and I often apply the techniques to future layouts. The metal chevron embellishment wasn't used in the instructions, but I used it to cover an ink "oops" when I accidentally got some ink from the edge of my block on the page. It happens, so I look at it as an opportunity to creatively fix the mistake.

The large stamped image was fun to make. I stamped it twice: once in Black and once in Crystal Blue. On the Crystal Blue image, I cut the upper and lower half of the globe and paper pieced it onto the Black image. It gives it some dimension, and it was a lot easier than trying to carefully color the stamp in two different inks. Try this technique on your next card or layout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!