Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge 1

Do you {heart} Close To My Heart? Join the brand-new {Heart} 2 {Heart} Challenges! This new blog will have weekly Monday challenges (with prizes!). Visit {here} to see all artwork and challenges.

My card for this week's challenge uses the challenge colors of chocolate, sweet leaf, and sunflower. I used two stamp sets to make the card: Endless Friendship (D1354) and Delightful Things (D1369). The green paper is left from a previous CTMH campaign. The leaves on the flower are made from ribbon from the Sweet Leaf Ribbon Rounds collection.

The easel card was so easy to make! I cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4" x 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8". Fold in a zig-zag pattern. Cut a second piece of cardstock into a 4 1/4" square and attach to the top folded piece. Place a brad, button, or layered cardstock approximately 1/3 of the way from the bottom of the inside of the card to hold the propped-up "easel." Quick and easy!

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.....I'm really going to have to try making some cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love that you added the instructions as well. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! The ribbon as the leaves, the BOLD usuage of color...GREAT! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card packs a punch! It made me smile when I saw it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta try an easel card sometime - it's too cute! Thanks for playing along with H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these easel cards! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Lori! I have yet to try one of those cards but need to do it soon! Thanks for joining H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweet leaf looks so rich used this way, and thanks for the instructions for the easel card. I haven't tried one yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever using that B&T paper for your project. I love your project and I REALLY love your blog background! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty take on an easel card. I love how the panel on the inside does double duty - holds the easel up and a place for the sentiment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card! Love to have it sit on my desk and stare at it all day...need my address? ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!