Monday, April 26, 2010

Mojo Monday Sketch 136

Ahhh, Monday. I love Mondays because I love these challenges! This week's challenge gave me the opportunity to use one of Close To My Heart's brand-new Clear Cards! These sweet little cards come in a pack of 8 -- four round and four square -- and the package includes clear envelopes! The cards are available May 1 when the Summer Idea Book goes live.

The flower was really easy to make. I used the new CTMH 1 1/4" circle punch and punched out 5 circles from the beautiful double-sided B&T paper. I stacked the circles on top of each other and secured them with a Designer Brad. I scrunched the circles up around the brad, each layer separately. When all five layers were bunched straight up, I gently separated the layers, rolling the edges a little, until I got the look I wanted.

Supplies used (all supplies CTMH unless noted):
  • Splendor Level 2 Paper Packet (available May 1)
  • Clear Cards (available May 1)
  • Moonstruck cardstock and ink
  • Designer Brads - Splendor (available May 1)
  • May Word Puzzle (retired)
  • American Crafts ribbon -- I usually use CTMH, but this ribbon was too perfect to pass up on this card!
A close-up:



2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love those clear cards, the beautiful flower and the ruffled ribbon. Thanks for playing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Like the cute little buds on the upper left and your flower is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!