Thursday, June 3, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge 9 - Sketch

This week's Heart 2 Heart challenge was another sketch. I looked at it for quite a while before I began to picture a gatefold card. I pulled out the paper packet "It's a Guy Thing" and the June Stamp of the Month (Wonderful Friend) and came up with the pictured Father's Day card. A fun technique I used is leathering (on the mats under the "Hero" saying and inside). I started with Desert Sand cardstock and rubbed the Desert Sand ink pad in a circular motion until the piece was entirely covered. It really looks a little like leather! Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. What a great card and a wonderful interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! I have yet to make a gatefold card so thank you for the inspiration! and thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you interpreted it as a gatefold! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've put together a beautiful card. I am going to have to try the leathering technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!