Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge

We're getting scrappy again this week with the Heart 2 Heart challenge, but this time the challenge was to make a card for Father's Day using scraps and/or found items. I pulled out one of my favorites -- Back Country -- and made this fun Father's Day card using the Mojo Monday Sketch 142 from last week.
I didn't have a punch bigger than the one I used to cut out the round image from the June Stamp of the Month "Wonderful Friend," so I cut a circle free-hand and distressed the edges, turning them up a little around the stamped image.

Of course, the inside needed to be fixed up a little, too. I used a former Stamp of the Month for the greeting (crossing my fingers that it makes it into a future Idea Book -- LOVE that set!). The tree is a Stickease from the Back Country set.

7 comments:

  1. The row of buttons is the perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT...especially the iside (I'm a sucker for the "innards"). Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic. I really love the inside. I think I'm going to do more on the inside with the darker card base. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your card turned out very nice! I love the 'innards' too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Lori! Everything is just perfect! thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! The row of buttons is the icing on the cake. Congrats on being a Friday Five at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great!!! I love the colors and all the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!