Sunday, January 2, 2011

Event Calendar: January

I thought it would be fun to have a quick monthly project this year. Toward the beginning of each month, I'll be posting a topper for the event calendar, a blank perpetual calendar. These make great gifts and are handy for keeping track of birthdays and other special events. I've even made them for "Baby's First Year" calendars -- a great way to track the special events of a little one's first year! Here is what the event calendar looks like:

My own event calendars seem to have gone AWOL, so I had to borrow October from an already-completed calendar to show January's topper. By next month, I'll have the real deal! I just covered up "October."


The top is a square about 3 1/2 inches. I painted the Dimensional Element snowflake with Creat-A-Shade Pearl paint then added Glitz Glitter Gel to really give it some sparkle. The bottom of the calendar has a space between 3/4" and 1 1/4", depending on the month. I just added a little paper for some color:

I usually do some random stamping on the calendar pages, too. Join me every month to create your own event calendar. At the end of the year, you'll have a wonderful keepsake to use for years to come!

Products used:
  • Event calendar (Z126)
  • Magnifique Level 2 Paper Packet (X7127B)
  • Dimensional Elements Flurry (Z1225)
  • Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint (Z1039)
  • Glitz Glitter Gel (Z1313)
  • Sparkle Blue & Green Assortment (Z1327)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!