Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Florentine card with some Mojo 229

Even though this sketch is from last week, I really wanted to make a card using it. Do you ever see a card or layout in your head and just have to make it? That's how this card was!


I really, really wanted to try making the crinkled ribbon using the new CTMH Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon. It was very quick and easy to make. I sprayed a length of seam binding using rubbing alcohol and re-inker mixed in the Spray Pen. I spritzed away until the ribbon was a little darker than I wanted it to be, since I knew it would dry lighter. I scrunched the ribbon as I spritzed it, the scrunched it up as small as I could. I dried it with the heat gun, holding the ribbon with craft tweezers. Keep the heat gun moving so the ribbon doesn't scorch. It dried in just a few quick minutes with a nice rumpled, crinkly look. 

The stamp set for this card is one of many A-size stamp sets (only $6.95!). I love how quick a cute card comes together with this darling stamp. I inked the heart in Goldrush ink, then used the sponge daubers to add some Olive and Twilight ink. 

I used these products to make the card:



Florentine Level 2 Paper Packet
Adore
Spray Pens
Just Blooms - Flutter
Foundry Pin Clips
Bohemian Assortment
Bouquet Assortment
Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon

And the sketch --





   

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!