Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day Four - X's and O's Standard Card

What would Valentine's Day be without Valentine's Day cards? This little card was inspired by a Mojo Monday sketch from a few weeks ago.


I used some different stamping techniques on this card. For the background on the smaller rectangle, I inked the "X O" stamp in Baby Pink then rolled the edges in Black (Technique #1 - stamp rolling). I stamped the image on a piece of scrap paper then directly on the White Daisy cardstock (Technique #2 - second generation stamping). I did that for each image, cleaning my stamp between inkings. I also used the large plaid heart stamp to create a textured look on the Dimensional Elements hearts. I don't know if that counts as a technique, but I like the effect!

Items used (all items CTMH unless noted):
Paper: Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Packet; White Daisy cs; Black cs; Cotton Candy cs
Ink: Baby Pink; Black
Stamps: Love Ya!
Embellishments: Dimensional Elements Hearts; Brads - Metal Assortment; Black grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Other: Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Small; Classic Ovals Large

Check out the projects from other CTMH consultants:

6 comments:

  1. I love this card!! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - Beautiful techniques! I really love the 2nd generation pink/black combo - very cool!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the dimensional hearts! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card! The 2nd Generation stamping really adds depth and it's such a cute layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!