Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day Three - Love Journal

This idea is one I came across a long time ago in a parenting magazine: create a "love journal" for you and your child (or spouse). Sometimes it is easier to write thoughts and feelings instead of talk about them. The journal passes back and forth between you and your child. You write something in it and leave it with your child. He or she writes something back to you and gives it back to you. And so on. You could also create a journal about things you love. Or creative ideas. Or whatever you'd like! Since the pages of the journal are completely blank, you can be as creative as you want. The decorated cover page just slides in to the clear cover and is easy to take out and change if you'd like.


I used some of our brand-new products on this journal cover, as well as some old favorites. The Kraft paper is new (yay!), and I also love our new scalloped punch. And did I mention the fabulous new Kraft Color-Ready Borders? LOVE them! The Salutations stamp set is one every scrapbooker and card maker needs to have in the stamp library. It is so versatile!

Items used (all CTMH unless noted):
Paper: Kraft paper; Cherry-O Creative Basics (retired); Tulip cs
Stamp sets: Salutations
Ink: Tulip; Brown Bag (for distressing)
Embellishments: Irresistibles Lots of Dots alphabet; Kraft Color-Ready Borders; Buttons - Pink; Dimensional Elements Hearts; Colonial White Waxy Flax; assorted ribbon (retired)
Other: My Creations Journal; 1 1/4" circle punch; 2" scalloped punch; 1 1/2" circle punch - EK Success

Check out the great projects from other CTMH consultants:

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I really like these colors esp with the Kraft. I'm so glad CTMH has that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your creations are so lovely...There are so many elements in this that I just LOVE--the alphabet, the kraft borders, the colors...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it again - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I love that Cherry-O paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!