Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Day Seven - LOVE Wall Hanging

Scrapbooking products aren't just for scrapping. You can make lovely gifts and home decor items, too! I made this fun wall hanging using the CTMH Mix & Mingle Album. The album is a mix of white chipboard and acrylic pages in different shapes.

To add color to the chipboard elements and one of the pages, I used our brand-new spray pens. The pens come 3 to a package for just $3.95. Each pen holds 10 ml of liquid. It is super easy to make homemade glimmer sprays using CTMH re-inker, a few drops of Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint, and water. It's hard to see in the pictures, but it adds not only color but a nice shimmer, too. You can also use just reinker and water for a totally different effect.


















I recommend placing the item to be sprayed in a box or some other container to prevent splatters from getting everywhere. Yes, I learned this the hard way. I use a CTMH shipping box with several layers of paper towels:



The finished product (sorry that the shimmer is hard to see):



Our ribbon is now offered in color families rather than all the same color. I used the Pink Collection for the Cotton Candy Pom-Pom Ribbon around the large heart.

Items used (all items CTMH unless noted):
Paper: Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Packet
Stamps: Universal Backgrounds
Ink: Black; Tulip re-inker
Embellishments: Dimensional Elements Monogram (L, V, E); Dimensional Elements Hearts; Sweetheart Epoxy Stickers; Black Mini-Medleys; Designer Ribbon - Pink Collection; Sparkles - Red, Pink & Purple Assortment; Tulip Mini-Medleys
Other: Mix & Mingle Album; spray pen

Visit the blogs listed below for other ideas:




5 comments:

  1. This is SO Cute! I really like these Mix&Mingle albums, they are so versatile. I know just where I would hang one of these wall decor so I'll be casing this idea, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing! I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!