Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Countdown - Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! We made it through the Countdown! Or maybe I should say the CountUP. lol! I hope you have enjoyed the hop process and will join Paige and me for future holiday hops.

This is my final project, and I really love it. It is inspired by a banner made by Lisa Stenz {here}. I used one of the new My Creations banners from CTMH. There are 8 alterable pennants in each set, so you could easily make two of these banners - one for you to keep, one to give away.





I chose to use the new spray pen on the top part, filling the pen to the 2nd line with Blush re-inker and to the 8th line with water. Remember to spray your item in a box to catch the spray-over.

The accordian flowers were easy to make. Each one uses 2 pieces of 1/2" x 12" B&T paper, scored every 1/2" and accordian folded. (The pieces are attached on the short end.) Attach the ends to make a circle, then gently push the inside toward the table until it lies flat. Using a strong adhesive, attach the accordian flower to a punched circle (smaller than the flower) and hold for a few seconds until it is well adhered. Decorate as desired.

The banners come with jump rings, but I chose to put mine together with ribbon.

Items used:
Paper: Sweetheart (light pink polka dots & accordian flowers); Sophia (darker pink); Cotton Candy cs; White Daisy cs
Stamps: Bohemian alphabet
Embellishments: Designer Ribbon Collection - Pink; Opaques Pearl Adhesive Gems; White Daisy grosgrain ribbon
Inks: Blush re-inker; Blush; Hollyhock
Other: Spray pen; corner rounder; My Creations Banner



6 comments:

  1. Very Cute! Love the pearl details. I love the accordian flowers and they are darling on this banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - Awesome banner! I made two with Wings and now I'm itching to make more of these fun projects.

    Thanks so much for doing the Linky Party with me - your work was truly outstanding! I'm looking forward to more holiday hops with you!

    Big hugs - Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your banner - have a banner of a Valentine's Day. It was nice to get to know your blog and you through the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how your banner turned out with Sweetheart! My uplink, Karen Pedersen, taught this in Sophia for our team meeting. Beautiful rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the banner idea. I'm going to have to try this, I have just the spot for it. Thanks for the picts and directions.

    Thank you and Paige for the Countdown to Valentines GREAT Blog Hop! I look forward to hopping with you again in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,
    I love the accordian flowers! I'm going to have to try them. Thanks for starting this party. It's been a great hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!